Corsair Community

A2 hot B2 not!

I am struggling to get this board stable at stock speed. I am sure ithas to do with NB settings. I did notice something peculier. The dimm in A2 is much hotter that the one in B2. I tried switching them but the result is exactly the same. (not in the mem module). what do you suggest?

450 x 7

Voltage Values:

CPU Core 1.30 V

+3.3 V 3.30 V

+5 V 5.06 V

+12 V 12.26 V

+5 V Standby 5.19 V

CPU VTT 1.30 V

CPU PLL 1.69 V

North Bridge Core 1.49 V

South Bridge Core 1.06 V

South Bridge +1.5 V 1.50 V

DIMM 1.81 V

DIMM VTT 0.91 V

GPU Vcc 3.24 V

Memory Timings:

CAS Latency (CL) 8T

RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 8T

RAS Precharge (tRP) 8T

RAS Active Time (tRAS) 24T

Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 100T

Command Rate (CR) 2T

RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 7T

Write Recovery Time (tWR) 26T

Read To Read Delay (tRTR) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 7T

Read To Write Delay (tRTW) 9T

Write To Read Delay (tWTR) Same Rank: 3T, Different Rank: 6T

Write To Write Delay (tWTW) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 7T

Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 9T

Write To Precharge Delay (tWTP) 26T

Precharge To Precharge Delay (tPTP) 1T

Refresh Period (tREF) 6240T

DRAM Read ODT 3T

DRAM Write ODT 7T

MCH Read ODT 8T

Performance Level 7

Read Delay Phase Adjust Neutral

DIMM1 Clock Fine Delay 6T

DIMM2 Clock Fine Delay 6T

DIMM3 Clock Fine Delay 6T

DIMM4 Clock Fine Delay 6T

If that is the case, I wouldn't even play around with the board. I would RMA it. You spent far too much for that board to have issues such as that.

I know, I have one as well and there is no way I would accept such an issue. It is indicative of future issues.

Thats what I thought. the cpu shows 5 deg between cores. Something is up with the power distribution. I started to suspect the powersupply so I swapped it with another which produces the same results. I requested an RMA already, hopefully they will cross ship as I don't have the original packaging (threw it out with some christmas stuff). I could kick myself for that.

Thats what I thought. the cpu shows 5 deg between cores. Something is up with the power distribution. I started to suspect the powersupply so I swapped it with another which produces the same results. I requested an RMA already, hopefully they will cross ship as I don't have the original packaging (threw it out with some christmas stuff). I could kick myself for that.

The degrees between cores is not exceptional. I have an E8500 with a 14C differential (30/44 idle). One core's sensor is stuck (30C) at low, but when I stress test, it begins to move up and runs pretty much the same as the other. Packaging will not be used for shipping. They do not care about that usually.

Archived