Corsair Community

GA-EP45T-UD3P and CM3X2048-1333C9DHX, runs at 1066 or won't post

coltect

I recently built a system for a client using the above specs.

Of the 2 sticks of DDR3, only one will allow the PC to POST.

This stick, when everything in the BIOS is set to Auto, runs at 1066 instead of 1333.

The stick that doesn't post, makes short quick beeps for about 20 seconds, then reboots and does it again.

I updated the BIOS to F2, which, according to the release notes, only added more CPU support, without any change to its behaviour.

I left it running Memtest overnight with no errors using the working module and all settings to Auto.

As I had only a very short timeframe to get this working, the system is running with the working 2Gig at the moment, and I can fiddle with it a bit during the evenings.

This ram is not on Gigabytes compatibility list, but the 2 x 1gig modules are, so I thought this may work, and it was all I could get in a hurry.

Since reading around on the forum, it would appear that this type of memory likes to have its voltages upped from the Auto settings, and possibly various other settings should be modified to make it work properly at the correct speed too.

Could anyone help me with the recommended settings for the GA-EP45T-UD3P and the CM3X2048 modules.

Thanks,

Col

Archived