Corsair Community

Memory for server usage

Lie Algebra

Hi,

I am currently having an issue with a brand new pair of Corsair Mac Memory 2GB DDR2-SDRAM PC5300 ECC Fully Buffered. I am using a Tyan Tempest i5000vs (s5372) motherboard with XEON processors (actually just one E5420). The system doesn't boot

and the motherboard displays a bios post code equal to 28 which is related to a "Dram size" issue. Removing the chips doesn't help

much though the bios post code remains the same. I have checked the ram required for my configuration thanks to the ram configurator but unfortunately it didn't find anything. Despite the apparent compatibility issue, what corsair memory module should/could I use ?

Regards,

E.S

Hi,

I am currently having an issue with a brand new pair of Corsair Mac Memory 2GB DDR2-SDRAM PC5300 ECC Fully Buffered. I am using a Tyan Tempest i5000vs (s5372) motherboard with XEON processors (actually just one E5420). The system doesn't boot

and the motherboard displays a bios post code equal to 28 which is related to a "Dram size" issue. Removing the chips doesn't help

much though the bios post code remains the same. I have checked the ram required for my configuration thanks to the ram configurator but unfortunately it didn't find anything. Despite the apparent compatibility issue, what corsair memory module should/could I use ?

Regards,

E.S

You bought the wrong memory for your system. That Corsair Mac memory is meant to be used only on Intel-processor-based Apple-brand MacOS computers which use DDR2 memory - and the system must be using a fully MacOS-compatible BIOS in order to use that memory (it will not work properly on systems with normal/generic BIOSes). Any home-built server system, however, is not designed to run on MacOS - they are designed for native x86-based operating systems such as Windows Server.

As a result, the correct memory to use with your motherboard would be the CM72FB2048-667 (for 2GB modules) or the CM72FB1024-667 (for 1GB modules).

Archived