Corsair Community

Using Biostar 790GX A2+ with 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500CDF v1.1

Deneteus

I just picked up 2 sets of some Dominator 2x2048 PC1066 5-5-5-15 revision 1.1 and I was wanting to know if anyone else has had success with this ram and the Biostar TA790GX A2+. I am using the latest bios revision from Biostar.

Sometimes the memory shows up as 800 mhz and sometimes it shows 1066 when using the auto overclock feature. Does anybody have a pic of how the manual bios settings should be setup to ensure stablity at 1066?

That was typing mistake I pretty sure you have seen those before and its for sure Corsair Dominator. You might want to slow down with your assuming its not there buddy.

TWIN2X4096-8500CDF. I bought 2 4GB kits from Microcenter on 11/15/08. Here is a pic.

Upclose Pic of 1 stick

All 4 happy sticks

After I got the Noctua heatsink I reduced it to 3 sticks till I can decided how I want to the heatsinks I have coming in the mail for the PLLS, Northbridge and Mosfets this week. I'll also be adding a Thermaltake VGA PSU.

Assuming what's not where?

As for the 2 companies being confused, it's usually 50/50 as to what they really have, so I always ask. I've moved the thread to the Corsair area and updated the thread / your profile with the appropriate part #.

• Corsair Employees
Due to the limitations of the memory controller on your CPU, you are definitely not going to get 4 modules to run at 1066. In fact, it may not run 4 up at 800 and the setting for frequency with your CPU+MOBO is DDR667 if you run 4 up.

Archived