Corsair Community

Only 23 Pins in my Cosair 750TX

falconite

Hi,

I just and received my Corsair 750TX W power supply unit from Newegg and was trying to build my system. After connecting the PSU ( 8 pin EATX 12V and the EATXPWR 24 pin cable) to the motherboard, and the rest of the typical system setup, i tried booting my system for the first time. It would light up for a fraction of a second and slight movement in the fan as well and then stop. Nothing happens there after and the PC seems idle. The Motherboard LED lights up at all times though.

I then noticed that the 24pin EATXPWR cable has infact 23pins only. It is missing the 5th pin which on referring to my motherboard manual, said that it is the '-5 Volts' pin. The entire wire for that pin is missing. I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be, but I suspect this is a faulty unit.

Could you let me know if this is indeed a faulty product and if so how should i go about getting a new one?

I have attached a coupla(blurish) pics for reference.

Thanks a lot.

Roh

747497268_photo(1).thumb.jpg.db5cec0c75912dc187a6c0683024d54a.jpg

photo.thumb.jpg.142ca6d1272ba58c7c1993c0e98d7cd7.jpg

Hi,

I just and received my Corsair 750TX W power supply unit from Newegg and was trying to build my system. After connecting the PSU ( 8 pin EATX 12V and the EATXPWR 24 pin cable) to the motherboard, and the rest of the typical system setup, i tried booting my system for the first time. It would light up for a fraction of a second and slight movement in the fan as well and then stop. Nothing happens there after and the PC seems idle. The Motherboard LED lights up at all times though.

I then noticed that the 24pin EATXPWR cable has infact 23pins only. It is missing the 5th pin which on referring to my motherboard manual, said that it is the '-5 Volts' pin. The entire wire for that pin is missing. I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be, but I suspect this is a faulty unit.

Could you let me know if this is indeed a faulty product and if so how should i go about getting a new one?

I have attached a coupla(blurish) pics for reference.

Thanks a lot.

Roh

Roh,

The problem that you are facing happens because the 12V rail is not supplying your MB, i got the same problem here and figure out that the 12V was in 9,21V....and because of this, i couldn´t start the computer...sorry for the bad english.

Hope this solve your doubts...

Archived