Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D Bad Stick

gl1tch

Hey this is my first time posting here, i bought my Corsair memory in November of last year and have been satisfied with the product up now..

My Computer has been freezing in games after about 15minutes or even less sometimes i thought this was heat related so i checked all my components and they are all operating within "decent" temperatures so i did a memtest test using first one gig of my memory in the first slot of my motherboard this stick showed 53 errors in memTest specifically in test #8 i then proceeded to run the other module in the same slot and this module passed the error test i have made sure that the latency timings and voltage of the memory is correct , im using a P5K Deluxe motherboard with a q6600 quad core and Antect HE650w BLUE power supply

Im looking to try RMA the memory since i bought it in the pair so does that mean i will have to send both chips back even though only the one seems to be defective

Thanks for the response

• Corsair Employees

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

We will need to replace these modules as a pair. This is to ensure you receive a matched pair in return and that there are no compatibility issues with a replacement module.

Archived