Corsair Community

TX-750 issues....

Ryoshi

So my TX-750 came in today and I wanted to try it out, so I popped it into my rig (running a single GTX 280 - should be cake for this PSU). And of course, what better way to make sure everything is hunky-dory than to run Crysis at full settings? So I do.

Well, as soon as the game starts, there's a problem - the PSU starts squealing terribly at the title screen. Not really *that* big of a deal, since one of my old PSUs did the same. But then, when the game loaded up a level, the red "power insufficient" LED on the GTX went off and my monitor lost signal. Okay, that's kind of a problem, but honestly I picked up this PSU as a backup since it was such an awesome deal. Backups don't need to play Crysis.

....But then later, I tried to run Peggle. Peggle is not exactly taxing on the ol' GPU. Same thing happened.

Did I get a faulty unit, or am I doing something stupidly wrong?

Since you didn't list your system specs, we can't comment on if you're overloading the overall PSU or not, but I'd check to see if you're overloading a particular rail with too many items (e.g. if you have 2 video cards, run them off of separate rails).

Like I said, I'm running a single GTX 280 (and the TX750 only has one 12v rail anyways).

Other than that, my rig has a dual core Intel Wolfdale 3.16Ghz (which dxdiag tells me runs at 3.0Ghz on the new power supply...), 4GB of DDR2 RAM (can't remember the speed off the top of my head and I'm at work now) and....that's really about it. Single HD and DVD drive, too.

Can you run another 3D app like the 3DMark 06 or 3DMark Vantage benchmark?

Also, what driver are you using?

In general, we have seen this squealing issue with both the new ATI 48** and Nvidia 200 series cards. Most users resolve it with an RMA of the GPU. However, some RMA the PSU and it goes away. We have not been able to reproduce it in the lab however so it's still somewhat of a mystery. And, it not nearly as common now as when these cards first came out.

Archived