Corsair Community

OC 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5 to 1066mhz

Yogi62

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to build a new computer and want to use the Asus P5Q Pro with 8gb ram using 2 x TWIN2X4096-8500C5.

The processor will be a quad core q6600 and the OS 64bit

As the memory will populate all four slots I am aware that I will almoost certainly have problems tryinhg to run at 1066 and keeping it stable due to the memory controller being pushed to the limit.

However, I've read that I may be able to overcome this by OC'ing the system slightly. I have never OC'd before and was hoping that someone here may be able to give me the exact settings for my setup to raise the speed to 1066 without causing a problem with the memory controller.

Complete noob at this so as much details as possible please.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to build a new PC and want to OC the CPU from the stock 2.4Ghz to 3.2Ghz. I've never over-clocked before and was hoping that someone may have doe this using the same component I plan to use (see components below). I'm looking for the precise settings I need to apply to achieve the 3.2

Proposed components:

Intel Quad Core Q6600 GO 2.4Ghz 1066 FSB

Corsair Twin2x 4Gb DDR2 (2x2048MB) XMS2 Dominator 8500C5

Asus P5Q Pro motherboard

Be quiet 650w PSU

Thermalight 120 Extreme cooler

Thanks in advance

Decided against trying to installing 8gb as original intended (too many people seem to be having problems trying to get it to run stable at 1066 with four slots populated) and so I am looking to install a total of 4gb with one pair of sticks each being 2Gb.

You will have no problem with such an overclock. I advise an aftermarket CPU cooler to help keep the clocked up CPU cooler.

For a budget minded build, an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro will work fine @ $18.99. An added benefit is that it is also much quieter. http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2006/1846/arctic_freezer_7pro.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

Archived