Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager 8GB - Jumpy Speeds

BlazerX

Hi!

I've bought a Corsair pendrive about a nine months ago, everything with it was OK, but now i got a problem. When I'm copying files to it, the first 20 to 60 seconds are very fast, smth about 13-12 MB\s but later the speed goes to 300kb\s and it stays at this speed for about 3-5 minutes, then it goes to 7-6 MB\s and stays there the same time, smth about 3-5 minutes then in falls down again(The copying is only successful with Total Commander). The worst thing about it is that when i trying to copy files in parts, for eg. a movie in .rar parts, the first 5-10 parts are copying v. fast but the rest is copying v. slow, so in the beggining, the windows copy box says that the are for eg. 2-3 minutes about to finish the copying, then it goes to 70 minutes or even 180 minutes and higher with bigger files... With a lot of parts the speed don't get better, the speed getting better only with one file... Even if I wait for the file to copy, at the end the Windows shows at the right corner a message that he couldn't write some files to the carrier, or smth like that. I know that's complicated(twice, cause of my bad english) but try to understand me :P. So no i must assume it all:

1. Copying in Windows doesn't work, there will be error at the end and the file\files is\are broken anyway.

2. Copying one or more bigger files with Total Commander is succesful but the speed is jumpy too.

3. Copying a lot of files (parts in 40mb, 90mb, 200mb etc.) doesn't work at Windows, in Total Commander the time to complete is about 2 hours and more so it's nothing to be happy about.

4. I've tried formatting the drive in Fat, Fat32 and NTFS, actually it's formatted as NTFS cause i need to transfer files bigger then 4GB(at the time the Voyager is full of data, to be precise it's a one big file copied by Total Commander).

5. I'd rather to solve this problem besides of RMA, the RMA is a last resort ;].

Greetings, and thanks for any help!

• Corsair Employees

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance.

The write should be about 7.4 MBps and read should be about 29 MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

It's strange, the format didn't helped , I'll try my Corsair on other machine... But what i saw on Total Commander was very strange... Write speed was at 60MB\s !!! Of course only for a 10 seconds, but it's always something... Besides, it looks, like i don't have any other option, only RMA left if it will be the same on other PC's.

Archived