Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHXNV will not boot

I have corsair memory model cm3x2g1600c9dhxnv and it will not do anything with either dimm. I have already talked to customer support from evga and it did not help. I also did an rma on my motherboard and I had the same response with the new one as well. I do know that this motherboard works, because I bought some corsair 1333 mhz memory and everything is fine with it. I have even tried manually setting the voltages and timings for the 1600 mhz memory, and the spp and mcp voltage with my known good memory and neither 1600mhz dimm will do anything in any dimm slot, all I get is a bios code c1 or 80 and evga tech support could not help me other than to rma the motherboard, all I want to do is rma these dimms and be on my merry way, thanks. If I could get some advice on how to go about doing an rma it would be apreciated, I have never had to rma any corsair products before.

• Corsair Employees

To have the modules replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

If you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest that you reset the BIOS via the CLRTC jumper on the motherboard, and test the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU to see if either module allows the system to post.

yeah I tried that and it didn't work, I tried settings on auto, one dimm at a time, every slot the black one furthest from the cpu and I can not get my motherboard to do anything. I bought a slower set of memory corsair platinum series and it is doing just fine, tried setting everything in bios to use the faster memory everything works, just not the faster corsair memory. I spent quite a while researching and bought corsair cm3x2g1600c9dhxnv memory, so if its the wrong memory for the evga 790i ultra sli. please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Got my memory back today, everything is working great, Thanks for your help. I still can't believe that last set of mem would not do anything, I don't know what the problem was, but what I got back is just fine. Thanks again. :D:

Thanks for the update, let us know if you have any more problems!

Archived