Corsair Community

Cosair Dominator PC2 8500 w/fan

f16-r1

ok so i gave this puppies 2.4v and i am running 3:4 ratio mem is at 573.4mhz

and cpu fsb and multi are 430x9 and i have seen many places where they have achieved 600mhz+ on 2.4v. but this may also the limit for my ram correct? and how far shout i really push the voltage to try to get 600mhz i will be happy to run that because i will have my fsb at 450 on my cpu and that =4.05ghz on my q9650. i can do that with it running 1:1 and 5:6 but the 5:6 is only 1080. any advice. appreciate the help thanks.

Edit: i have the 2x2gb kit btw.

Edit again: back at 5:6 = 1080mhz cpu is at 450x9 = 4.05ghz

That DRAM has a warrantied voltage of 2.1v. Overvoltage of DRAM shows in characteristics and you have long ago voided your warranty.

I would not personally go higher than 2.2v with that DRAM. PSC modules do NOT respond to greater voltage, so you are just shortening the life of your DRAM for no reason.

well i dont really care about warranty when i over clock that is the point if i cared so much about that i wouldnt be posting in the enthusiasts section would i. and you didnt answer my question. has any one on here been able to achieve 600mhz on these ram modules.

oh and btw check this out.

http://ddr2-1508.gigabyte.com.tw/

once again i am an enthusiast not someone who is worried about warranties.

well i dont really care about warranty when i over clock that is the point if i cared so much about that i wouldnt be posting in the enthusiasts section would i. and you didnt answer my question. has any one on here been able to achieve 600mhz on these ram modules.

oh and btw check this out.

http://ddr2-1508.gigabyte.com.tw/

once again i am an enthusiast not someone who is worried about warranties.

This is a website for Corsair and I must post such in case you are not all that knowledgeable. Doubly so for those who are NOT all that knowledgeable and read your post thinking that such moves are fine and warranted.

I can't answer your question as I have never seen more than 1130 on these modules. I have tested > 2.2v and found NO changes as I said to you.

And who knows what DRAM speeds you could reach if you move to LN.

At any rate, I will now bow out of this thread and leave you to others who might answer your question positively.

Archived