Corsair Community

TX 750 problem? Help

boy43g

I have a TX 750, the fan spins when I did the pin testing. However when i connect it to my mb (24pin), the mb would led up for .2 sec and shuts off. I wonder if this the psu's problem or the mb's problem....is there any other ways to test the pus? Please help.

• Corsair Employees
The only way to know for sure would be to test the PSU with a different system. There is a possibility that there is a short or a grounding issue with the system preventing it from staying on. Another possibility is that there could be a component in the system which is going out of spec and tripping the "Over Current Protection" or "Over Voltage Protection" circuits on our PSU.

Thx. I currently don't have any other system to test on. I already took all the parts out from the mb. Only connected the power connector (24pin) and the 8pin for cpu. but the mb would still led up for .2 sec. I tried with my other psu which only has 20pin connected to my 24pin mb and the mb led up for .2 sec too...I wonder why...any idea? I guess I will buy a psu tester if you think that would help.

• Corsair Employees
Thx. I currently don't have any other system to test on. I already took all the parts out from the mb. Only connected the power connector (24pin) and the 8pin for cpu. but the mb would still led up for .2 sec. I tried with my other psu which only has 20pin connected to my 24pin mb and the mb led up for .2 sec too...I wonder why...any idea? I guess I will buy a psu tester if you think that would help.

If you have the same problem with two different PSUs then I would suspect that your problem either lies with the motherboard, or possibly the CPU.

Archived