Corsair Community

Corsair 750TX purchase regret

macslayer

I have no problems with my 750TX but looking at the reviews the voltage ripple is not too good. It really upsets me that one of my favorite and most respected companies released a product that has such a high +12V ripple and noise level. Has the unit been upgraded since the reviews? When pulling 610 W from this power supply, noise level was at 60 mV at +12V1 and 68 mV at +12V2. What is really scary is that when the PSU is pushed to 900W, the noise level at +12 V output reaches 112 mV, a value that is touching the 120 mV ATX limit. I really wish Corsair would upgrade me to a HX1000 after this frightening news.

• Corsair Employees
If you are going to be consistently pulling 900 watts, then our TX750 may not be for you and I would suggest our HX1000. The fact that even when running the TX750 150 watts over spec at 900 watts the unit is still completely within ATX spec is something that I would think would be impressive, many PSUs can not even stay within spec when running at their rated wattage.

Here are reviews from hardocp:

The DC output quality of the ******** is simply outstanding. At no time was the ripple/noise anywhere near even half the ATX12v specification.

The overall DC output quality for the Corsair TX750W was good but like a couple of CWT based power supplies before it a bit on the noisy side when it came to the 12v rail. The 12v rail trace started off Test #1 at ~30mV and rose to just under 90mV by Test #4. This is within the ATX12v specification limit but just a bit more active than we have seen on some other units in this capacity range.

Here is the conclusion on DC quality:

DC Output Quality

The DC output quality overall for this unit was within the ATX12v specifications but a bit noisy at times, specifically on the 12v rail. The 12v rail in particular started off with a rather active 12v trace in Test #1 at ~30mV that grew all the way through testing when during Test #4 it hit its high point of just under 90mV. So while the Corsair started off active on the 12v rail and it did stay below the ATX12v specification of 120mV this could use some work to match Corsairs previous offerings. At the same time, the 3.3v rail started off very cleanly but during Test #4, when its DC output voltage was rising, the unit developed a waveform that was approaching 30mV. This again is below the ATX12v specification limit for this rail but it does represent a rather large change

Archived