Corsair Community

TX750 gradual failure

Concertina

I built my first Pc about 3 months ago and I am using the TX750 for my powersupply. I installed my first game, Crysis. I had loads of fun playing on my new rig until I loaded the game up about 2 days later. When I went to play a leave the monitor went into sleep mode and my computer stopped responding. I also notice the light on the back of my BFG Tech GTX 280 had turned amber. I figured the problem would be fixed with a restart but It did not help it. I ignored this and continued to play different games each with lower system requirement and with each game the same problem would occur after approximatly 2 days.Soon I became fed up and I called BFG. They told me that I had more than enough power for the graphics card with the psu i have. before i sent my graphics card back I tried one last test. I unplugged all 9 of my fans and tried to play crisis. It worked for 2 hours letting me play all the games i could not have played before but then it stopped again. I beleive that my PSU is not supplying ample power and is slowly supplying less and less power as time goes on.

I also have a video showing this problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHtl1_ANGA

I would like some help on how to fix this or information on how to return it.

Thanks-will

• Corsair Employees

This power supply would be powerful enough for 2x GTX280 cards, so I would think that it is unlikely that the PSU is underpowered for the system. It might be a good idea to test the video card in a different system to see if you can duplicate the same issues, so you can at least rule out the video card.

We have no problems replacing the PSU for you, and if you would like to try that, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

FYI, PSU problems are generally consistent, meaning if you have trouble playing Crysis then you will be able to duplicate the issue fairly easily. If you can go 2 days without having the issues, then I would suspect that there is some other problem.

• Corsair Employees
Alright i will send back the video card first(no other system to test it on). If the problem continues i will then send back the psu for a replacement. thanks for the help.

That is probably the best way to do it. It's possible that either of the components could cause such an issue, but the video card would seem to be more likely at this point. Let us know if you still have problems once you get the replacement!

Archived