Corsair Community

can my striker do better?

Synthohol

since my bloodiron does 3.6Ghz 24/7 i tried to get my striker extreme to do the same. this chip is not lapped yet nor watercooled like the DFI board but id like to get the same speed/benchmarks or better since i have the CAS3 RAM in the striker.

any ideas would be great.

TIA

oh, im at 66c F@H 4 cores 24/7 if that helps. i just want a good folding box. i have 2x7900GTs SLI in this too.

crap, forgot to add that im at 2.275v on the ram with the fan. i had it at stock speed 3,4,3,9 2.4v before it pooped the bed a couple months ago and was RMA'd so im kinda reluctant to bring it back to 2.4v unless i have no choice. it will run stock speed @ rated timings at 2.275 but i just cant bring myself to run stock anymore.

http://www.liquidninjas.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=2834

I would be careful because the time will come when RMA will not bring you these modules anymore and you will just have to accept the lower end. Micron has stopped fabbing those ICs long ago and stock is dwindling.

It's not the DRAM, it's the board and cooling. You want to do the same as a watercooled system versus an aircooled system?

Don't you see how that sounds? Remember, the lower latencies are not as useful to Intel systems as they are to AMD systems. Very likely this will change with i7 since i7 now has the memory controller integrated on the CPU.

You know how to tweak so I doubt if I can give you more than cautionary advice with YOUR hardware.

Good luck.

D

since my bloodiron does 3.6Ghz 24/7 i tried to get my striker extreme to do the same. this chip is not lapped yet nor watercooled like the DFI board but id like to get the same speed/benchmarks or better since i have the CAS3 RAM in the striker.

any ideas would be great.

TIA

oh, im at 66c F@H 4 cores 24/7 if that helps. i just want a good folding box. i have 2x7900GTs SLI in this too.

crap, forgot to add that im at 2.275v on the ram with the fan. i had it at stock speed 3,4,3,9 2.4v before it pooped the bed a couple months ago and was RMA'd so im kinda reluctant to bring it back to 2.4v unless i have no choice. it will run stock speed @ rated timings at 2.275 but i just cant bring myself to run stock anymore.

http://www.liquidninjas.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=2834

ok, you convinced me to swap them with the 6400PRO RAM in my M2N board.

also fwiw this is the first time i tried OC the RAM and the DFI did do 3.7 on air before lapping but the temps were 70c so i popped a FuZion on it and lapped it. now @ 40c full load.

i just wanted to see 9x400 without BSOD for a moment so then i would lap and go water on it.

thanks for the cautionary statements, they worked :biggrin:

thanks for the cautionary statements, they worked :biggrin:

Those are such fine modules, I would hate to see them get damaged and you not able to get modules of the same quality back. They are, bar none, the finest DDR2 modules I have ever worked with.

Archived