Corsair Community

Checking voltage?

Telanor

Is there a program that lets you find out what the current voltage of your ram is? My BIOS is weird and only shows the voltage increase amount, not the current value. The reason I ask is because there was some program I found before that said my voltage was at 2.0 but in the bios it was set to +0.3, which should have been 2.1. Right now my ram is running at bios default speeds of 5-5-5-18 and probably 1.8V instead of the intended 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V. I figured I'd finally fix it so I can get the full performance out of my ram. Can someone tell me the best way to go about getting my ram running at 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V?

You can contact Gigabyte and find the mainboard reading points for the Vdimm and test those points with a digital multimeter. That's really the only way to be sure. There is most times a discrepancy between the actual voltage and the true Vdimm and no software program will show you that differential, only a true physical voltage reading will show this. A Vdimm Vdroop of .1v is surprising if true though.

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before. Enter these values:

MIB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)

Robust Graphics Booster = Auto
CPU Clock Ratio = 8
CPU Host Clock Control = Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) = 333Mhz
PCI Express Frequency = 100Mhz
C.I.A.2 = Disabled
Performance Enhance = Standard
System Memory Multiplier = 2.4
Hi Speed DRAM DLL Settings = Option 2
DRAM Timing Selectable = Manual
CAS Latency Time = 4
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 4
RAS# Precharge = 4
Precharge Delay (tRAS) = 12
ACT to ACT delay = Auto
Bank Write To READ Delay = Auto
Refresh to ACT Delay = 0
Read to Precharge Delay = Auto

System Voltage Control

DDR2 OverVoltage Control = +.3V
PCI-e OverVoltage Control = Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control = +.03
CPU Voltage Control = Auto 

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. If stable, enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Results?

I used the settings you gave me for the most part, except I set the memory multiplier to 2 since I have my CPU overclocked to 3.2Ghz (400 FSB). I only had time to run 1 test in memtest, but Ill run it again overnight. No errors so far! Thanks for your help

CPU.png.cbb8dd238659945436a86bbad5434625.png

Memory.png.9573d566e0196454f1aeaf2ad3b6ffba.png

SPD.png.1662ba7abf41d26d3416281629b4046f.png

I used the settings you gave me for the most part, except I set the memory multiplier to 2 since I have my CPU overclocked to 3.2Ghz (400 FSB). I only had time to run 1 test in memtest, but Ill run it again overnight. No errors so far! Thanks for your help

Looks good to me.

Archived