Corsair Community

High pitched noise

groupzebra

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest booting up into safe mode to see if you can duplicate the same issues. If the problems go away in safe mode, then you may have an issue with drivers/software. Otherwise if the problems persist, then there may be a hardware issue. Let us know your results!

• Corsair Employees

I would make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard and then load setup defaults in the BIOS. You may also want to try plugging the PSU directly into a wall outlet to rule out a problem with a power strip. If all else fails then you may want to test the PSU in a different system to make sure you have isolated the problem, but if that is not an option we can try replacing the unit for you.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I tested it out some more last night and the noise had seemed to almost fade away, so I put it back in my case and I can't really hear it anymore, thanks for all the help, and I'll update this thread if I run into more issues.

Edit: Upon further review the power supply is still making the noises, I just can't hear it as well when it is in my case and it doesn't seem to effect performance.

Archived