Corsair Community

Problem with TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

lmaster86

Hello,

I recently bought 2 Corsair memory sticks (2x1gb) 1066 frequency. When I install my pc won't boot (there's no display, not even POST). I looked online and it says something about changing the voltage. Could anyone help me? (the box of my mobo says that is "ddrs 1066 compatible).

Thanks

Tap the <delete> key a few times when you first turn your computer on. This should bring up the BIOS features. The first option you want to take is the "Load Optimized Defaults" line. It is on the right-hand side.

Next you want to enter the M.I.T. section. Scrolling down, you will find an option labeled "DDR overvoltage". Set this to +.3. Exit the BIOS setup by saving your changes. It should be good to go at this point. Go back and fine tune other things after you get a good boot.

Oh yes, be sure you have the latest BIOS for that motherboard. You do not need a bootable system if you have a flash drive formatted to FAT32. The manual explains how to do this.

I install the memory (only one stick) and turned on the computer. I pressed "delete" several times and the BIOS screen didnt show up. I even change the settings that you told me with this memory im using now, then I removed it, put the corsair, and still nothing. :( ... what could be the problem?

I install the memory (only one stick) and turned on the computer. I pressed "delete" several times and the BIOS screen didnt show up. I even change the settings that you told me with this memory im using now, then I removed it, put the corsair, and still nothing. :( ... what could be the problem?

Are you sure your power supply is connected properly? This issue resembles what my computer did when the +5 lines that go to the socket near the CPU came undone at my power supply. Check ALL connections from your power supply. If they are good either check the voltages from your power supply, or substitute a different PS.

Are all cards seated properly? CPU inserted and seated properly? Memory seated properly? Check it all.

• Corsair Employees
Ok. Can you explain to me what do I have to put in this part:

TSX Ticket #/ Forum Post ID #

Thanks

You can leave that part blank, just make sure you check the box that says "I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy" and that should speed up the approval process.

Archived