Corsair Community

Im having troubleshoot with my mobo Help..!

Snls

I've been making my own computer, so i started to buying all the parts of it. my last peace so it would make it run was a TWIN2X2048-8500C5D but i got troubleshoot in the bios i dont know whats going on... in the monitor throwns CMOS Checksum and the board led codes frezzes at 7F an instantly turn off the system. Also allows to press F12 to continue but nothing happends just turns off again. I've tryed removing the CMOS jumper like 100 times an no hope anyone knows whats going on in my mobo?

Mostly of the time stays in C3 boards led codes Which means - Turn on extended memory, cache initialization-

Im thiking about ram compatibility... any help?

I assume you mean QX9650? You have two sticks of DRAM?

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

I have worked on quite a few of these boards. I have found that in the beginning it is best to set to auto and a single stick of DRAM with a single video card. Enter the BIOS, load setup defaults, save setup defaults. These are the changes I would then make.

SLI-Ready Memory = Disable
CPU Freq. MHz = 333
CPU Muliplier = 9
x FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
x FSB Memory Ratio = Auto
x FSB (QDR), MHz = 1333
X MEM (DDR), MHz = 1066

[b]Memory Timing Setting[/b]

CL Cas Latency = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock (CMD) = 2T
tRRD = Auto 
tRC = Auto 
tWR = Auto 
tWTR= Auto 
tREF = Auto 
tRD = Auto 
tRFC = 60
Async Latency = Auto

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal: Enabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Virtualization Technology: Enabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled
LDT Frequency: 5x

Voltages

CPU Core = Auto
CPU FSB = Auto
Memory = 2.1
NForce SPP = Auto
NForce MCP = Auto
HT NForce SPP <--> MCP = Auto

Run Memtest for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

hey DerekT i did all u told me to do but somehow it posted me Remove CMOS battery, lemme tell u all the details

The pc turn on for a few secs and the turns off by itself like 5 times

until it starts to load the bios and gives me the beep of the HDD presents me all in NONE like HDD IDE slots etc all in NONE only reconize me the monitor

post me the CMOS checksum error allows me to press F1 to continue if i do goes to next screem and turns off, so i press DEL to go to bios setup.

i gotta be fast on the bios setups because it turn off whenever it wants. when i finally conquerer to do all u told me posted me something diff but it don't load the bios... any help? anyone knows whats going on

What BIOS version are you using?

Perform a hard reset to clear any BIOS stack corruption issues.

1. Shut the system down
  2. Remove the power cord
  3. Remove the CMOS Battery
  4. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to On
  5. Press the power button for 10 seconds
  6. Let sit for 10 minutes
  7. Set the CMOS_CLR Jumper to Off
  8. Insert the CMOS Battery
  9. Insert the Power Cord
  10. Restart the system
  11. Enter the BIOS
  12. Load Default Settings
  13. Save Default Settings and Exit, shutting down the system

Remove all hard drives from the mainboard. Remove the optical drive from the mainboard. Insert a single stick of DRAM in the second DRAM slot (from the CPU).

Restart. Does this clear the issue?

I've done everything also removed the hard drive the optical placed a ram in slot to but it keeps turning off like it have something wrong or non compatible my mistake i as wrong about my processor its an QX6700, i do have 2 sticks of ram and the bios printed in the mainboard are Phoenix Bios/ D886 BIOS.

the board turns me 3 leds on

- The blue one

- The green one

And the yellow one.

what those leds means?

Btw i did all the bios changes once it reboot and shows the computer its on safe mode and shutted down again and then if i turn it on the board led coed stays at 29 ( Chipset programming and CPU speed detect ).

Im getting crazy with this one :mad:

if you have a QX6700, you will need to adjust the CPU FSB to 266

and the CPU multiplier to 10.

so Dereks setup would be:

SLI-Ready Memory = Disable
CPU Freq. MHz = [color="Red"]266[/color]
CPU Muliplier = [color="red"]10[/color]
x FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
x FSB Memory Ratio = Auto
x FSB (QDR), MHz = [color="red"]1066[/color]
X MEM (DDR), MHz = 1066

Memory Timing Setting

CL Cas Latency = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 15
Command Per Clock (CMD) = 2T
tRRD = Auto 
tRC = Auto 
tWR = Auto 
tWTR= Auto 
tREF = Auto 
tRD = Auto 
tRFC = 60
Async Latency = Auto

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal: Enabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Virtualization Technology: Enabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled
LDT Frequency: 5x

Voltages

CPU Core = Auto
CPU FSB = Auto
Memory = 2.1
NForce SPP = Auto
NForce MCP = Auto
HT NForce SPP <--> MCP = Auto

I fixed the cpu muliplier to 10 saved the info and reset however when i turn it on in the screen comes again the safe mode somehow the mainboard changes the collers speed i think because sounds lower instantly and start the bios it didnt accepts me the memory clock it hows me 800 Mhz Tcl:5 Trcd:5 Trp:5 Tras:18 when i go to bios/ chipset setup/ FSB and memory

shows me the changes i did in MEM (DDR) Mhz 1066 but in the right side its 800 mhz in corrent value... its not getting the saved info? or im doing something wrong....

The main screen its

Warning! now system is in safe mode

Please reset CPU or memory frequency in the CMOS setup.

What should i do? the mainboard starts in lower cooling and sounds different it stats to load info exactly begans in the Mainboard code led ( 26 )

Also post me in board A0 and goes to C1 then C3 charges some numbers and goes to 26 and begins the safe mode i think.:(:

Im rly happy for all ur help!:):

It's not a bad thing, but clearly you have not done this before and as such it would be better if you had someone to show you how to do it first.

The silver paste is thermal interface material (TIM) and creates a thin layer between the CPU Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS) and the Heatsink. It is very necessary and you need to clean it off and install some new material when you reseat it. You can NOT use the previous material.

Product:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

How to apply AS5.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinstruct/as5/ins_as5_intel_quad_wcap.pdf

hey derek ive been doing my self again xd since u told me about the full reset of CMOS jumper the mainboard satys on waiting for config on bios however the config that u told me to do allways sends me to the Reset CPU or CMOS jumper in the main bios tthe screen shows me that reconizes the CPU and shoes the actual 2.66 mhz of the qx6700 theres nothing wrong about the changes u told me to do because when i save then its when the mobo gets someking of error

Archived