Corsair Community

Bad Module CM2X2048-6400C4 DHX

DalosFCs

Hello RamGay!

I have got Corsair XMS2 DHX 2x2GB DDR2 800 MHz Kit Ram Memory and noticed shortly that one of them is out of order. There only always came up a blue screen in different intervalls in which was written that there is probably a hardware fault – and this came up mostly before even the operating system started. First I thought that might be caused by my new hard disk cause this was the last thing I installed – but it was not. Then I tried a lot of things before I got the idea to run the Ram Memories separately. Thereby I noticed, that with one of them everything is fine – with the other one I always got that problem with the blue screen and “hardware fault”. A memory-test also attested that. My system software is Windows Vista.

I heard that Corsair gives a 10 year warranty for their Ram Memorys so I would like to change the one with malfunction. The exact name of the Ram Memory is Corsair CM2X2046-6400C4DHX 800MHz 2.10V ver1.1.

Could you please tell me what and how to do? Thank you very much already and

best regards

Ferenc Dalos

Hi I didn't want to create another thread so I thought I'd just ask here. I have the same par of RAM modules as the OP and I too have one stick that is definitely bad (errors galore). My second stick I'm not so sure about though. I tested it on one motherboard and got no errors in 4 passes (I had to swap mobos out to find out what was wrong with my system - long story). However on testing on my main rig, I got one error in 7 passes. It occurred just as I knocked the case though which I put down to that. On retesting I've again got one error in 8 passes (and counting). I just want to make sure it's not an anomaly. I looked in the stickies and came across the testing settings for the C5 version of the RAM but not the C4 and was wondering if they were any different. Once I have the right settings I'll let it test for at least a night. Thanks in advance.

I'm using an Asus P5K-E Wifi AP btw.

Then please use the link previously provided and we will be happy to replace them.

Before, I RMA them, could you perhaps tell me/direct me to the correct test settings for the C4 version of the RAM so I can be sure I tested them correctly? Thanks.

Also when I RMA, does it have to be in original packaging?

• Corsair Employees

You can get the tested settings from the link in my signature and no you do not need the original package.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived