Corsair Community

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe & CMX1024-3500LL Pro

billbled

Hi,

I've got an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with 2GB of CMX1024-3500LL Pro - (2) 1GB sticks. I would like to get another 2 GB kit of this exact memory to max the board out, but it seems to be discontinued. I found some on eBay for $220+.

What is the comparable "in production" memory (same or better performance) that I can order from NewEgg?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi,

I've got an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe with 2GB of CMX1024-3500LL Pro - (2) 1GB sticks. I would like to get another 2 GB kit of this exact memory to max the board out, but it seems to be discontinued. I found some on eBay for $220+.

What is the comparable "in production" memory (same or better performance) that I can order from NewEgg?

Thanks,

Bill

Unfortunately, you're out of luck. Nobody is manufacturing high-performance DDR1 memory any more; they all are concentrating on DDR2 and DDR3 memory (neither of which will even physically fit, let alone even work with, your system's motherboard or memory controller). And as of now, the only DDR1 memory still available are the "value" series memory (which have relatively low performance, and are now much more expensive per GB than either DDR2 or DDR3 memory).

As such, you're better off saving up for an entire new system.

Archived