Corsair Community

Memory name difference?

Trek

If this is true, then they have to be crazy at Asus.

I filled technical inquiry why the 2 kits of TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX, i.e. 4 modules are not working at default even if it is in QVL and is certified for 4 modules in all banks.

You can guess the answer:

I am sorry but in the QVL there is not memory you are writing about (TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX). In our QVL there is only CM3X1024-1333C9DHX.

In such a case it is not possible to guarantee the full function of the memory modules ...

So I am finished with Asus, next time will buy mobo from other vendor.

PS: fortunately I can return the memory to the shop within 14 days so I will return it and buy Twin3X4096-1600C7DHX, is it good idea for striker II extreme?

When you populate all four DRAM slots it is advised to drop the bandwidth.

Please research this thread:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

This is a limitation of the On Motherboard (Intel) memory controller/On CPU (AMD) memory controller and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This issue is across the board with both Nvidia and Intel chipset based boards, DDR, DDR2 and DDR3.

Keep in mind that often issues arise in the longer term. The issues seldom damage the DRAM. They damage the on motherboard memory controller which has a harder time keeping up with the demands of a four DRAM slot population being run as fast as a two DRAM slot population. Those who want to be secure in their system either purchase a single kit of the DRAM capacity that the four singles have or they move to a higher bandwidth DRAM and drop the bandwidth. I also advise it as I have personally seen the issues that can and often do arise with a four DRAM slot population running at the full speed of a single kit speed.

You can, however, recoup some if not all of your lost bandwidth via the overclock since when you overclock the CPU, you concurrently raise the memory controller and this makes a higher throughput to the DRAM possible.

However, I personally advise for a two stick solution as it is far gentler to the motherboard memory controller.

Yes I understand Derek, but why they have 4 modules config in that fracking QVL.

I hope Twin3X4096-1600C7DHX will be ok.

The 4 modules are working even at 1333, no memtest errors, only sometimes no boot, so currently I have it at 1060 and is ok. In my overclock I have them at 1200 with CL8 so i did not lost any performance, but the Asus arguments are nonsence and they QVL is also nonsence.

PS: Some people are RMAing this mobo continuosly until money return but I do not wish undertake this long procedure :-)

PS2: really nice my overclock, from 1333 to 1200, hehe :-) Super Asus overclocking platform

Yes I understand Derek, but why they have 4 modules config in that fracking QVL.

I hope Twin3X4096-1600C7DHX will be ok.

The 4 modules are working even at 1333, no memtest errors, only sometimes no boot, so currently I have it at 1060 and is ok. In my overclock I have them at 1200 with CL8 so i did not lost any performance, but the Asus arguments are nonsence and they QVL is also nonsence.

Yes, you know what you are doing.

I am still writing with Asus support and the guy is strange. He is still insisting that TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX != CM3X1024-1333C9DHX.

Instead of providing any usefull information he is ranting about how Asus can not take Corsair as authoritative even it is renowned company, bla bla bla.

So conclusion is that if Corsair says that TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX is CM3X1024-1333C9DHX (http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX.pdf) tech. support in Asus does not believe that information because Asus has to say that.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Quite dirty practices.

So conclusion is that if Corsair says that TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX is CM3X1024-1333C9DHX

No! That is not what I said. I said 2 X CM3X1024-1333C9DHX = 1 Kit of TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX.

CM3X1024-1333C9DHX is NOT = to TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX

2 X CM3X1024-1333C9DHX = TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX

This is bullfeaces.

Apples are always apples even if there is package of two.

Anyway I have now TW3X4G1600C9DHX and all is ok.

Originally I wanted C7 modules and bought them and when I looked at them I saw DHXIN -> so returned them immediately. What a mess everywhere.

• Corsair Employees

It would seem ASUS is taking a I dont know and I dont want to know stance or maybe just trying to get you off of the phone. At any rate We do all of our own testing on the modules and do not send module to be on anyones QVL List as a rule so I really dont care what ASUS says. But I will say this the person you spoke to diud not know what they were talking about because DerekT is correct 2 X CM3X1024-1333C9DHX = TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX

The Kit part numbers are not how their testing shows they only list the part number on the modules. However, we do not sell these as sinlgle modules so you would have to go buy the kit part number.

And all of these parts would be the same part just different SPD or Heat spreader.

2 X CM3X1024-1333C9DHX = TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX

2 X CM3X1024-1333C9 = TWIN3X2048-1333C9

This is bullfeaces.

Apples are always apples even if there is package of two.

Anyway I have now TW3X4G1600C9DHX and all is ok.

Originally I wanted C7 modules and bought them and when I looked at them I saw DHXIN -> so returned them immediately. What a mess everywhere.

He's just clarifying that ONE 1 GB stick is not the same as ONE 2 GB PAIR, for the obvious reason that 1 GB doesn't equal 2 GB :)

Yes pair is pair but in the end there are single memory modules with label that is in the QVL and there is also that 4 modules are supported.

Anyway I have now 2 x 2gb and asus striker II extreme is again rock solid although I doubt a little about quality of Asus products.

On the other hand I had many sticks of Corsair RAMs now and all worked! (which is small miracle for Striker II Extreme).

Aaaaah, marvelous.

The TW3X4G1600C9DHX kit is very good.

- superstable at 1600

- easily overclocks

- also ease overclock of CPU

1333 (were also stable) but overclock blockers.

I really like this TW3X4G1600C9DHX kit. Good work Corsair.

Archived