Corsair Community

Warranty Support for Corsair XPERT RAM

SOS Computers

Hi all,

One of my 2 sticks of Corsair XPERT DDR2 TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 RAM must have gone faulty as my motherboard refuses to POST.

I am resident in the UK and purchased the RAM about 18 months ago from Tigerdirect (wire transfer and paid import duty).

Now for my main question:

I understand that Corsair RAM has a lifetime warranty therefore arranging to send it back to yourselves shouldn't be a problem, but what I want to know is:

If my RAM is found to be faulty, will you either:

1) Repair it and return it to me, or

2) Replace it with like for like i.e. Corsair XPERT (same model) or

3) Replace it with your current alternative?

The reason I ask is that I have noticed that the XPERT range of RAM seems to have been discontinued, and the memory's ability to show parametric data (lights up!) was my main reason for purchasing it (over performance!), therefore if it was option 3 I wouldn't be happy with the end result as the XPERT range was, in my opinion an excellent product that shouldn't have been discontinued and doesn't have a worthy successor.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Andrew (SOS Computers)

PS - if anybody RMA's a pair of 1GB DDR Corsair XPERT RAM to you from the UK, it may be likely that the RAM came from a PC that was stolen from my shop over a month ago.

• Corsair Employees

We will replace them with like modules, however Expert modules are no longer available so I am not sure what the replacement would be. But you can call our customer service and talk to them and see what they say and I will ask them to be on the look out but please understand this was a popular part for us so I am sure there are many thousands of these sets in the market.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived