Corsair Community

Hey Derek

AusDog

Long time no "see". Just wanted you to know your lovely system is still purring like a kitten. The other day while running Futuremark '06 I saw where somebody on the Futuremark "Pro Team" had an Intel 8500 had OC'ed it from about 2.6 to something crazy like 8-9k. His score in Mark '06 was like 44k compared to my 10k. Must be nice to have an unlimited budget and not care if it melts in a pile of plastic and metal. My system is still the way you set it up and it's cool as a cucumber with that AC cooler. BTW. What is your fav benchmark these days? Take care Hank

Long time no "see". Just wanted you to know your lovely system is still purring like a kitten. The other day while running Futuremark '06 I saw where somebody on the Futuremark "Pro Team" had an Intel 8500 had OC'ed it from about 2.6 to something crazy like 8-9k. His score in Mark '06 was like 44k compared to my 10k. Must be nice to have an unlimited budget and not care if it melts in a pile of plastic and metal. My system is still the way you set it up and it's cool as a cucumber with that AC cooler. BTW. What is your fav benchmark these days? Take care Hank

I really only use Everest as a benchmark. When a system is running as fast as mine is, there really is only a need to benchmark for comparative reasons and I don't care all that much for comparisons as long as everything I do with my systems is fast. :biggrin:

Glad to hear all is well. I don't foresee any issues with that system. Those AC Coolers are quite nice for the money and have an added benefit of being rather quiet. I would go with the "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" thought. :D:

• 4 weeks later...
Just me and the pup here for the holidays so I'm jerking my system around with benchmarks. On the Futuremark bench it turns out that adjusting the card core clock and the CPU freq have the biggest effect. Just taking the cpu freq from 305 to 308 had the biggest efect.Would 310 temporarily be excessive? Just for benching is that the best place to temporarily tweak for results. The only place I see in the CMOS to tweak the PCIE is in Freq. No way to slightly increase voltage? Also the TG31-A7 has a priority setting for the PCIE card but in CMOS they have Ports 0-5 and in Device mgr it says card is in PCI bus 1. Does that translate to PCIE Port 1? Thanks as always. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Just me and the pup here for the holidays so I'm jerking my system around with benchmarks. On the Futuremark bench it turns out that adjusting the card core clock and the CPU freq have the biggest effect. Just taking the cpu freq from 305 to 308 had the biggest efect.Would 310 temporarily be excessive? Just for benching is that the best place to temporarily tweak for results. The only place I see in the CMOS to tweak the PCIE is in Freq. No way to slightly increase voltage? Also the TG31-A7 has a priority setting for the PCIE card but in CMOS they have Ports 0-5 and in Device mgr it says card is in PCI bus 1. Does that translate to PCIE Port 1? Thanks as always. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

There is no reason to raise the PCI-e bus on your system. You can play with overclocking higher. I gave you the values that I was sure would run stable with your system, not overwork the board and give you a good value. I don't take those boards higher though others certainly do. I have seen the boards returned to RMA and think that you are better off where you are, but it's your system. I will not advise you to take a low end board that overclocks nicely too high.

Archived