Corsair Community

TWIN2X1024-6400 and Asus P5N-E SLI Timings

Hello I am returning to ask for help in sorting out a compatable bios setting for our 2nd Audio/Graphics system.....

I can only seem to install 1 stick of ram i have tried both sticks induvidualy on

seperate ocasions and both work fine, But together im having a problem booting...

The System is detailed in my pc specs menu

Many Thanks In advance

Spira Trancient:(:

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.You can not run your CPU faster than the DRAM on an Intel system. You must have at least an 1:1 (CPU : DRAM) ratio. Your CPU is a 266Mhz (QDR = 1066Mhz) part. The DRAM must be a 266 (DDR = 533Mhz) part.

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick in slot 1 (Closest to the CPU). Restart and enter the BIOS. Load setup defaults. Save setup defaults and enter these values:

Advanced

JumperFree Configuration

AI Tuning = Manual
Overclock Options = Disabled

System Clocks

NB PCI-e Frequency (MHz) = 100

Voltage Control

Vcore Voltage = Auto
Memory Voltage = 1.9v
NB Core Voltage = 1.32v

FSB & Memory Config

FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
FSB - Memory Ratio = 2:3
FSB (QDR) = 266

[b]Memory Timing Setting[/b]
tCL = 5
tRCD = 5
tRP = 5
tRAS = 18
Command Per Clock = 2 Clocks
tRRD = Auto
tRC = Auto
tWR = Auto
tWTR = Auto
tREF = Auto
tRD = Auto
tRFC = 52
Async Latency = Auto

USB Configuration

USB Controllers = Enabled
USB Legacy Support = Disabled  (Disable when you Memtest. Enable afterwards if you have usb keyboard)
USB 2.0 Controller = Enabled

Run Memtest for two full passes. If the stick passes, remove it and place it in slot 3 and retest. If it passes, remove the stick and insert the second one in slot 1 and retest. If it passes, then shut the system down, insert a stick in slot 1 and slot 3 and retest. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Hi Derek thankyou for the details we have downloaded and tried memtest on the ram sticks and one worked no problems allthough when trying the second i could not even get the system to boot so we bieleve now that one stick is not stable... What can we do to get a replacment or do we need a matched pair is there any thing else to try?

Many thanks in advance Spira and Marve Trancient:(:

Hi Derek thankyou for the details we have downloaded and tried memtest on the ram sticks and one worked no problems allthough when trying the second i could not even get the system to boot so we bieleve now that one stick is not stable... What can we do to get a replacment

I would tend to agree with you. RAM GUY will deal with this post.

Archived