Corsair Community

16gb Flash Drive Not Recognized By Computer

habby0123

I just bought a 16gb Flash Voyager USB 2.0 drive. When I initially plugged the USB drive into my home laptop (operating system = Microsoft Vista), I got some type of msg about using it as a drive optimizer? I selected that option instead of the option to open the drive to view files (not knowing that this would cause me soo much trouble). Now when I plug the USB drive into my work computer, I can see a new drive added (F:) and I see the drive being initialized in my icon bar. However, when I go to my computer to open the drive to copy files to it, it says "Please insert a disk into removable disk (F:)". Also, I noticed that the light on the USB thumb drive never comes on. I've read through many of the forums, tried updating drivers, etc.., but nothing seems to work. This is the 2nd pc I've tried this brand new thumb drive on. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Heather B.

Thanks for the reply, however I do not have the options (i.e. the additional tabs) shown in the screen print attached to the reply. The device shows up in Control Panel -> Device Manager, but I don't have many options. (See the attached screen print.) Can someone offer me some guidance? As I mentioned in my original post, I've tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, but nothing works. My computer is using Microsoft Windows Vista Businss with a 32bit operating system. Thanks.

Heather B.

FlashVoyager_DeviceManager_ScreenPrint.jpg.5c81dd44d7654fbbe5f2eeec342b1347.jpg

Archived