Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX and 680i - Voltages/timings/etc.

tylerf08

Just upgraded my processor and memory simultaneously, and wanted to determine what the correct BIOS settings should be, as the automated tool did not list them for this memory. I tried setting it to the listed 4-4-4-12T.

Initially it wouldn't boot, giving me a message to adjust processor or memory frequency. I went back into BIOS and noticed FSB was set to 1066. I adjusted it to 1333 (with a multiplier of 9) and this allowed the system to boot. Nevertheless, after leaving it on overnight, I woke up to a frozen system. Going to memtest everything when I get home from work today, but first I want to make sure that I have all the correct BIOS settings in place - not just the timings, but every setting you can think of that I might need to take another look at after swapping out processor and memory.

In case it helps, my old memory was: TWIN2X2048-6400C4D, and my old processor was an Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz.

Many thanks!

your memory is rated at DDR800 or 400mhz (its the same ;P) those settings from Derek were based on a setup with more then 2 modules, therefor a lot of energy saving features were turned off for more stability.

if your not planning on overclocking, there's no need to adjust all the other settings.

If you want you can post screenshots of cpu-z to make sure that everything is set correctly.

Archived