Corsair Community

8rda+ adding more ram & not working

bmexline

I have been running 2x256 Corsair xms pc3200 at 200fsb 11,2,2,2 for the last year or so. I just bought another stick of Corsair 512mb pc3200. I put the 512 stick in dimm1 (furthest from the processor) and the 256 sticks in dimms 2&3. The computer will not boot and is giving me c1 error code (memory). It will boot w/ the new 512 stick in any slot by itself and will boot with either or both 256 sticks by themselves in any slot but it absolutely will not boot with the 512 and either or both of the 256 sticks no matter which dimms they populate. These are the things I have tried so far. Tried every possible ram/dimm combination. Increased voltage to 2.77 and even to 2.9. Tried this bios (obviously), the 3129 corsair bios, 3930, 3305 and 3609. This is a stick of cmx512-3200llpt rated at 2-3-2-6 Tried relaxing the timmings WAY down. It just seems to be a compatibility problem with the new stick and the "old" ones. The new stick has the silver heatspeader where the old ones are black althought I can't imagine that making any difference. The part # for my 256 sticks are: cmx256 a 3200 c2 xms3202v1.1 024929 Any help is greately appreciated, thanks.

[quote name='RAM GUY']Please try just the new module and see if it will post. In addition, I would check the SPD with AIDA32 and see whats in the modules, both the new and the old![/QUOTE] "It will boot w/ the new 512 stick in any slot by itself .." I am not familiar with AIDA32 but I will make myself familiar and check it out. What am I looking for "in the modules"? Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do it when I get home tonight.

Archived