Corsair Community

Returning/Replacing Multiple Products

phagomaniac

Hi Ram Guy,

I've recently purchased 2 VSA4GSDSKIT667C4's for two Macbook Pros (early '08 2.4GHz models) and one set does not work. The set does not work in either Macbook and exhibits all the symptoms of this thread here (the serial/lot code also starts with 08340739)

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=72667

The other kit worked flawlessly first go and has a different serial/lot code.

I also have a CM2X2048-6400C5 pair in one of my desktops which has been causing BSODs and fatal errors in games. Only one stick has been reported by Memtest86 to have a bad address (tested individually). I will however test the RAM in another computer before submitting my request, just to confirm if it is bad (I will also adjust the voltages - 1.8V appears on the stick).

Say I do have two different products to return, what is the best way to do it? I'd rather not send multiple packages (but will if it is insisted). Should I create one RMA number for each part or would one RMA number be enough if they are packaged together?

Looking forward to your response =)

• Corsair Employees

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Just submit the RMA for one of the sets of modules and once you get the RMA number, just contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to add the second part number to the RMA for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of arranging the two returns (refer case #767502), as the other RAM received errors in another computer. With this case number, I had queried about the 2nd lot of RAM under this case number and had been requested to start another case number. Is this on the right track? An RMA number is different to case number correct?

With the case number I currently have, do I need to progress it to receive an RMA number before starting a new case file for the other RAM?

Please advise what to do next.

Thanks.

Archived