Corsair Community

bad CM2X1024-8500C5D

brandon2004

I am having trouble with one of my dominator sticks. I manually set the voltage and timings in the bios and with both sticks in the computer won't boot but with just one the computer boots fine and it does matter which stick I use, with one of them the computer gets stuck in an infinite reboot loops as it does with two sticks, I bought the ram a little over a month ago from newegg and its just outside of the rma period...if it matters the ram is version 5.1...I read people are having a lot of trouble with this revision...also the ram is listed as compatible with my motherboard on gigabyte's website.

• Corsair Employees
I would first test a single module in each slot on the board to make sure you do not have a problem with a DIMM slot. If all the slots check out, then I would run the memory together in single channel mode (usually you can enable single channel by installing each memory stick in a different color DIMM slot). If the modules are working in single channel, and fail in dual channel, then there could be an issue with the memory controller on the board, and you may want to test the memory in a different system to be sure.

Archived