Corsair Community

help TR3X6G1333C9 and P6T Deluxe

chuck10a

I installed all three 2048 DIMMS and the bios booted at 4088 MBs, The system was unstable. Two DIMMs worked so I loaded the OS and Vista shows 4086 MBs with two 2048 DIMMs.

I updated the bios from 0402 to to 0804 then 0903. Same results. I move all the DIMMs around in every combination and the same result.

I tested each DIMM one at a time and they all show 2048. And seem stable with assorted memory tests.

After about 24 hours, I attempted all 3 sticks again. This time the system booted to 6134 MBs and Vista reported 6128 MBs. I started system testing and all seemed good for about an hour. Then the system crash and booted to 4088 MBs and was unstable and would not load windows.

I removed one DIMM and ran dual channel and every thing was like prior to my second attempt.

After about 12 hours I tested with 3 sticks again and it booted to 6134 MBs again. Worked for about an hour crashed and will only boot to 4088, and will not load Vista with all three sticks.

Is this the memory, the motherboard? I am lost.

I have been running it at T2. That is the 2N setting in the bios. And, was the fist thing I changes a few days ago. I bumped up the V to 1.6 set to 1333 MHz. I have had it set to 9-9-9-24. Ran for an hour or so, system crashed, would not load the OS with the 3ed DIMM. Took the two good ones out and the identified bad one would not boot when trying to test with Memtest.

This is the second time I had problems with Corsair memory. Must just be bad luck. I am returning it and buying some C_rucial. I don't want to install that bad stick anymore. It my screw up the board and is corrupting my new OS installation.

Two sticks work fantastic all almost any settings. But, I can't fool around with this anymore. I need to move on to something else more important.

I wrote and phoned your customer service on Friday trying to get an advanced replacement and have had no return from them.

But, I do thank you for the suggestions. It was worth a shot.

PS: The DIMM fails after about one hour of use.

• Corsair Employees

If you have isolated a single module out of the 3 which is causing these issues, then lets get the set replaced! Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Once you get the RMA number, you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if there are any alternative RMA options to speed up your replacement.

Thanks Ram Guy, I know you give it your best. And, I do know that Corsair is one of the better memory suppliers. I also have two of your power supplies, They are very stable.

I had to get something fast. So I will have the other brand tomorrow. I don't plan to OC the memory anyway. Just the CPU.

I may just to take a hit on a re-stocking fee. Well that is life.

Best Regards,

chuck

Archived