Corsair Community

620HX buzzes under load

Nurvus

I thought it was my video card (GTX 260) at first, but I'm about 90% sure it's the PSU now. I used a portion of the tube from some wrapping paper to try and isolate the sound. While it carries throughout the case, the buzzing seems to be most audible through the tube around the PSU.

I've tried plugging it directly into the wall on two different outlets. Sadly, I don't have any parts to swap in or out to test it further. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. :) It's kinda looking like an RMA may be in order, though.

• Corsair Employees
I should have mentioned that, but nope. The card does indeed whine if it's outputting crazy FPS (like 1000+), but I've fixed that enabling global vsync with RivaTuner. This buzzing sound is separate from that. :)

Understood. If the noise is loud enough to be bothersome, then lets get the unit replaced! Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Thanks for the reply. :) I think I'm going to hold off for a bit, though. The buzzing has quieted down the last couple of days. It's still audible, but I'd rather not replace something that may not need replacing. I'll be keeping an eye on it for now.

Archived