Corsair Community

MSI P45 Platinum + TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF "Inestable"

Huevin

Hi, sorry for my enghlis, its very bad.

I have a MSI P45 Platinum and TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF i set up it correctly and do a overclock by hard (q9550 @ 400x9.5 = 3200) an set un the memory Vol 2.1an latency at (5-5-5-15) and it works fine in a stability test some hours whidaut problems but some days after i have a stability ptoblems.

I have de last Bios an set up the mother at default settings and setup the memory to vol 2.1 an (5-5-5-15) but have the same problems, i setup all in default mode and have the same problem and its inposibol work with the computer, i try to run a mem test but the test dont start correctly.

¿its a problem with the memory o with the mother?

My psu it a Xion 400W PFC active (i try whith a NOX 500w PFC active whith the same results).

Thanks

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from

Enter BIOS, load setup defaults, save setup defaults and load these values:

Advanced BIOS Features

Cell Menu

DOT Control = Disabled
Intel EIST = Disabled
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency = 333MHz (1333Mhz QDR)
Adjust CPU Ratio = 8.5

Advanced DRAM Configuration = Manual

Memory Clock = 1066

Memory Timings = Manual
DRAM CAS# Latency (tCL) = 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) = 5
DRAM RAS# Precharge (tRP) = 5
DRAM RAS# Active to Precharge (tRAS) = 15
DRAM tRFC = Auto
DRAM tWR: Auto
DRAM tWTR = Auto
DRAM tRRD = Auto
DRAM tRTP = Auto
1N/2N Memory Timing = 2N

FSB/Memory Ratio = 1:1.6
Adjust PCI-e Frequency = 100Mhz
Auto Disable DIMM/PCI Frequency = Enabled
CPU Voltage = Auto
Spread Spectrum = Enabled
Memory Voltage = 2.10v 
MCH Voltage: 1.4v
FSB VTT Voltage = Auto

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick of DRAM into the slot 1 (closest to the CPU). Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. If you pass, then shut the system down and insert the same stick in the slot 3. Retest. If both sticks pass, then insert one in slot 1 and one in slot 3. Retest.

Results?

Thanks i set up the bios with this setting and the memtest86 its working at the moment but i have a fast test with Everest (system stability test) and works fine with separate modules (1 in the first slot, the 2 memorys) with the 2 memorys in dual channel the computer "reset" i pass teh memtest in dual channel and teh test stop in the first pass (at 5 minutes) now the memtes its working with 1 memory in the slot 1 and its working ok (10 minutes and running).

I try with 1 memory in slot 3 and the memtest stop at 6 minutes.

Im waiting for the full pass of memtest, but its posibol that i have a bad memory?

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english.

Thanks i set up the bios with this setting and the memtest86 its working at the moment but i have a fast test with Everest (system stability test) and works fine with separate modules (1 in the first slot, the 2 memorys) with the 2 memorys in dual channel the computer "reset" i pass teh memtest in dual channel and teh test stop in the first pass (at 5 minutes) now the memtes its working with 1 memory in the slot 1 and its working ok (10 minutes and running).

I try with 1 memory in slot 3 and the memtest stop at 6 minutes.

Im waiting for the full pass of memtest, but its posibol that i have a bad memory?

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english.

No, you clearly have slot issues. The memory passes in one slot and fails in another slot clearly shows you need to RMA the motherboard.

Thanks, but i have a question,

i try with a other new memory (kingstom ddr2 800 "value ram") with standar bios setup and pass all OK the memtest in slot 1 and slot 3 and in dual channel.

How its posibol if the boart have a slot issue?

¿its a problem that my boart dont like this memory?

i will be crazy XD

A slot running with 800Mhz DRAM might well show a different response when set to 1066Mhz and inserted with 1066Mhz DRAM. You can't insert a lower speed DRAM and expect the dynamics of the electronics to be the same.

You stated that you tested one stick in one slot with a successful test. Then you tested the same stick in another slot only to find errors. This shows the issue is the mainboard.

Hi i change my motherboard for another one (same model) in the provider pass the memtest in dual channel (40 minutes) with no errors (with old bios and default setup).

I update the bios (because with the old bios i have a problems with raid) setup the memories with the with the setting you give me and test the memory:

1- 1 module in slot 1 - OK

2- 1 module in slot 3 - 3 errors (the same module)

3- the other module in slot 1 - OK

4- the same module in slot 3 - memtest stop at 5 minutes

Its a chance? or i am Unfortunate?

Same memories 2 mothers and the same problem.

When i install the first mother the first time the computer work fine 2 weeks.

I am on the verge of sticking a kick :shootme::brick:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i try other memory (same model) and have the same problems and change the mother board for other model (asus) and works great.

i have a conclusionthis mother is not compatible with the last bios:

Version 1.4 Update Date 2008-09-11

with the first bios dont have problems (whit memory) but have other problems (with raid 0)

and i will change the mother.

Thanks all

Archived