Corsair Community

My BIOS settings for memory

gt_forces

Hi everyone i am new at this forum and i have collected a new pc but i have some problems about my ram.i have 4*1 gb modules ddr3 and when i start to use my pc after 10 or 15 minutes later it s starting to restart and i couldn't fix the problem all my memory is working one by one but when i use 4gb it s restarting or giving blue screen.so i want to set up my BIOS settings and i need your help.you can see my pc in my profile.

CM3X1G1600C9DHXNV XMS3-1600 1024 MB 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24 1.80V ver.4.1

corsair XMS3 SUPPORTS NVIDIA SLI (4*1 GB)

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

The issue is the On Motherboard (Intel) memory controller and a population of all four banks at the full speed of a two bank run. This issue is across the board with both Nvidia and Intel chipset based boards, DDR, DDR2 and DDR3.

Keep in mind that often issues arise in the longer term. The issues seldom damage the DRAM. They damage the on motherboard memory controller which has a harder time keeping up with the demands of a four DRAM slot population being run as fast as a two DRAM slot population. Those who want to be secure in their system either purchase a single kit of the DRAM capacity that the four singles have or they move to a higher bandwidth DRAM and drop the bandwidth. I also advise it as I have personally seen the issues that can and often do arise with a four DRAM slot population running at the full speed of a single kit speed.

I personally advise for a two stick solution as it is far gentler to the motherboard memory controller.

Set the FSB to 333 and the DRAM to 1333.

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from
Performance

Host Clock Frequency Override = Manual
x Host Clock Frequency (Mhz) = 333

Memory Configuration

Reference Frequency = 333
Memory Frequency = 1333

tCL 9
tRCD 9
tRP 9
tRASmin 24
tRFC 60
tRRD 4
tWR 8
tWTR 4
tRTP 4
Memory Voltage 1.7v
Command Rate 2T

Boot to the Memtest CD and allow for two full passes. Then, if stable, enter Windows and run CPU-z. Post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Archived