Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX problems

Jorl

I just bought my second set of twin DDR3 modules, the exact same kind as the first, specificly the TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX. When I put them in the computer it simply wouldn't start.

Since I know that it is hard to get some MBs to accept 4 modules I removed the older ones, put the new ones in the same slots as the older two and tried starting again. Same problem, BIOS simply wouldn't boot. I switched back to my first ones and everything worked fine again. Since it is the same kind of memory modules I can only asume that one or both of the set I got yesterday are broken. The only difference I can find is that the "new" ones I got are ver 1.1 according to the sticker on the modules while the "older" ones that I got last april says ver 3.1... Should that really make a difference?

Any thoughts about this?

I have contacted my retailer (they haven't answered yet though) but I have a feeling they will bounce me to you at Corsair. If that would be the case, is there a problem since I live in Sweden? The retailer I bought the modules from are on your retailer list for Sweden (Dustin AB).

• Corsair Employees

I would test the new pair of modules one at a time using the same DIMM slot. If one fails and the other works then we will want to get the pair replaced for you. If both fail OR both pass, then there is likely some other issue, so let us know and we may be able to help you isolate the problem.

If it looks like the modules will need to be replaced then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Thanks for the promt response.

I tried what you wrote and yes, only one of them seems to be malfunctioning. With one of the modules I get a boot up and can get into the BIOS no problem, with the other one the computer simply keeps reboots right before the BIOS screen.

So should I follow the link and fill out the RMA?

Archived