Corsair Community

Problem with TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Hovac

I have a problem with TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF on Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4.

The problem is when i am using both the sticks. Using one at a time works good but when useing them both my computer restarts itself after 5-15 sec.

Iv read alot of poasts regarding gigabytes motherboards together with the dominators and when i check the DIMM volt is running at 2.22 V and its set to normal in bios.

Ive also updated the bios to F5.

I also noticed when examening the sticks that thay have diffrent version numbers. one is 2.10 and the other is 1.2. and say 5-5-5-15/5-5-5-18.

Will this be a problem or should i go to the retailer and tell them about this?

• Corsair Employees

How many modules do you have altogether? If they were purchased in a kit then they should be the same revision. Are you sure the 2.10v is not the voltage, and both sticks are actually rev. 1.2?

I would take a single module and test it in each slot on the board to rule out a possible bad DIMM slot. You may also want to see if both modules will boot up together if you have them installed in a single channel configuration. Usually you can enable single channel mode by installing each module in a different color DIMM slot. If you only have problems when running in dual channel then you may have an issue with the memory controller on the motherboard. Either way, it may be a good idea to test the memory in a different system to see if you have the same issues.

• Corsair Employees
I got them both to work.

I had to fix the timings in bios to 5,5,5,15.

I bought them in the same package the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF package with the included fan.

And im shere thay are diffrent modles.

Glad to hear they are working, let us know if you have anymore issues!

Archived