Corsair Community

Ram and Mobo issues

GONDWN

Hey im getting issues with my system being unstable i was running to 1066mhz and swapped back to 800mhz auto.My system will work good and after that it would lockup and freeze im running 9850Be and my mobo is gigabyte ma790fx-dq6 and my ram is Dominator Series Twin2X4096-8500C5DF.Are there any other settings and what can i do to fix the issue i may fink its my ram i swapped everything else expect ram..

The Phenom is known to be wonky at higher DRAM speeds. Many do not make 1066 even with two sticks.

Download memtest from http://www.memtest.org and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Shut the system down. Insert a single stick of DRAM in Slot 2 (Closest to the CPU) Shut your system down. Restart and enter your BIOS. On the main BIOS screen press Ctrl + F1. You will see the screen flicker. Next select the MB Intelligent Tweaker option. On that screen you will see many additional settings that were not there before.

Set to these values:

Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker (MIT)

CPU Clock Ratio = Auto
CPU Host Clock
HT Link Frequency = Auto
PCI-e Clock = 100Mhz
Memory Clock = DDR 1066

System Voltage Control = Auto
CPU Voltage Control = Auto
DDR2 Voltage Control = +.2v 
Chipset Voltage Control = +.3v
PCI-e Voltage Control = Auto
HTT Voltage Control = Auto
HTR Voltage Control = Auto

DRAM Configuration
DCTs Mode = Unganged
Set Memory Clock = Manual
Memory Clock = x5.3 (1066Mhz)
DDRII Timing Items
CAS# Latency = 5
RAS to CAS R/W Delay = 5
Row Precharge Time = 5
Minimum RAS Active Time = 15
1T/2T Command Timing = 2T
All rest set to Auto

Legacy USB = Disabled

Shut the system down. Insert the second stick of DRAM in Slot 4. Restart the system and make sure it boots. Restart and boot to the Memtest CD. Allow for two full passes. When assured of stable DRAM, then enter Windows and Run CPU-z and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Results?

Archived