Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D Issues.

AHPD

September i've bought a pair of Dominators, they are specified at 5,5,5,15 at 2.1v and revision is 4.1.

Today i've bought a new pair, but the revision has changed to 5.1.

When i installed the new pair, my system simply doesn't boot, i removed the new ones and booted properly.

And i tested the 5.1 ones individually and together. All working perfectly.

But when i mix the newer and older memories, no matter what if single or dual channel, just two or the entire 4 of them, my system won't boot.

I've updated the bios of my motherboard but still can't boot.

Now i'm wondering how why a simply revision change make a whole difference, in other words i can't upgrade.

That issue happened only with me or someone else passed the same trouble i'm in now, because i bought thinking "It's the same brand, model, latencies and voltages, so it'll work" and got myself caught into that.

My system specs is posted in my profile.

Best regards, André.

I went ahead and bought a pair of Dominators again, now i have 4 dimms at revision 5.1, and they work altogether.

So this case is closed, different revisions of Dominators at the same board WILL NOT WORK.

Thanks and now i have a spare pair of dominators Rev 4.1, i'll think what i should do about them.

Best regards, André.

• Corsair Employees

If the system is running then you should be fine but Officially DDR800 would be suggested.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived