Corsair Community

Need help with some settings

Keizzer

I read somewhere that it is not stable runing different versions of of the same Ram is this true.

my old one were v1.2 and 2.20v the new ones are v6.** and 2.1v

I ran memtest with everything set to auto and came back with no errors

Currently running memtest with 5-5-5-15 2t at 2.1v 800 Mhz

i will post back once its completed.

Also would it be better to sell these on and get a 2x2gig set? as they are matched

Edit: memtest finished twice with no errors

• Corsair Employee

It can be but as long as you dont mix them in different channels you should be fine, and:

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I read somewhere that it is not stable runing different versions of of the same Ram is this true.

my old one were v1.2 and 2.20v the new ones are v6.** and 2.1v

I ran memtest with everything set to auto and came back with no errors

Currently running memtest with 5-5-5-15 2t at 2.1v 800 Mhz

i will post back once its completed.

Also would it be better to sell these on and get a 2x2gig set? as they are matched

Edit: memtest finished twice with no errors

You are a lucky person to get Micron D9's to work with PSC. It just shows how compatible the PSC chips are. I have found them to be the most compatible of any DDR2 ICs.

Personaly, I would still go with 2 X 2048MB as it would be far more gentle with your memory controller.

Archived