Corsair Community

32gig Voyager Slow Write speeds.

fastfwd

Hi all, i got referred from a freind to come to this forum if im having issues with my Flash drive.

I recently purchased a 32gig Corsair Voyager and im having slow write speed issues. I have read a few issues other people have been having so i formatted my drive in fat32 and downloaded HDBench 3.4 and i got the following read/write speeds:

Hdbench 3.4

1Mb - Write: 1488mb/s Read: 23767mb/s

2Mb - Write: 2618mb/s Read: 25463mb/s

4Mb - Write: 4091mb/s Read: 26815mb/s

8Mb - Write: 5822mb/s Read: 26859mb/s

10Mb - Write: 6240mb/s Read: 26701mb/s

50Mb - Write: 8531mb/s Read: 22623mb/s

100Mb - Write: 8554mb/s Read: 20932mb/s

I also downloaded this other program called "Flash Drive/Card Tester v1.12" and got the following read/write speeds:

Flash Drive/Card Tester v1.12

Write: 10887mb/s Read: 27767mb/s

when im transfering files from C: drive to my 32gig voyager if the size of the files are small but ammount to say 1gig it will take over 10mins to transfer. But if its one file like a DVD rip of 1gig it will take less than 2mins. The drive also occasionally stops responding for a few seconds then starts going again. Like when im transferring data it will pause and continue occasionally.

I dont know if im just being picky or not, the transfer rates seam to be fairly decent but when im transferring data it just seams to be sluggish and inconsistant even when im not doing anything else on my PC.

If someone could help me that would be great.

Regards

Reece

• Corsair Employees

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance.

The write should be about 9 MBps and read should be about 28 MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Please try the HD-Bench software to test the performance.

The write should be about 9 MBps and read should be about 28 MBps.

If you still have problems we can get it or them replaced, please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

RamGuy is this just a generic reply? because what i said in my original thread was i already formatted in fat32 and that i have done the hdbench test and ive got the bench stats above.

I also did the format in cmd 'Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U already. Can you please tell me if it needs replacing or not?

• Corsair Employees
Please format the drive with the steps I gave then run the test program to test its performance. If its not running at or near the posted speeds (The write should be about 9 MBps and read should be about 28 MBps) then you can follow the links previously posted to get the drive replaced.

Archived