Corsair Community

Twinx1024-4000PRO as PC37000

fmatuck

I bought last week a pair of [B]Corsair Twinx1024-4000 PRO [/B] but when I run CPU-Z or other related programs, the memory is recognized [B]as Corsair DDR SDRAM PC3700 - 512Mb[/B]. Is this right? I tought they were PC4000 and they would set up auto in DDR 500 and 3-4-4-8. Do you have any utility that can show me I got what I Bought? Also when I let motherboard option By SPD on, numbers for Cas Latency shows 3, Act to pPrecharge Delay 7, DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 4 and DRAM RAS# Precharge 4. My Mabo is a ABIT IC7 Max 3 and pentium 4 3.4 Ghz. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
The SPD on the 4000 module will set the module up as DDR 400 as that is the default speed for 800 FSB CPU's. You have to manually set the FSB when over clocking as not all systems will run this fast. Truthfully, you will need some extreme cooling to get your current 3.4 to 250 FSB as that would put you at 4.25 GHz. The RAM is recognized as 3700 as it is the closest full speed step. 500 is a half step. Using a program like AIDA32 you should be able to see the product tag line of 4000. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks!

Archived