Corsair Community

Is the CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX Big enough?

Jonilink

Hello I've been having trouble with my system latelly getting the nvlddmkm.sys error OVER and OVER especially in Farcry 2 for some reason. but pretty much all my games will do it one way or another. Ive just recently reinstalled vista and STILL get this problem with no updates installed and minimal drivers! :mad:

So now I'm questioning my powersupply I bought this PSU because I used to have a 900watt Tagan PSU which could not handle my cards (internal video card buzzers went off DURING gaming! :eek:)

Specs in profile and:

D-tek FuZion CPU Water Block

Swiftech Micro-Res

Swiftech MCP655 1/2 Water Pump

Black Ice Extreme Radiator

******** XTC RAM Cooler

4x120 Yate Loon High Speed Fans

2X120 Aero Cool Turbine Blue LED

4x120 Aero Cool Turbine White LED

Looking a OCCT And Hardwaremonitor I checked my PSU rails:

12v = 11.88~11.82

3.3v = 3.23~3.25

5.0v = 4.75

are these ok? during sli gameing at 1900x1200 the 12v Rail seems to dip even lower to about 12.79

thanks for the help!

• Corsair Employees
I would test your video cards one at a time, just to make sure that a single video card is not causing these issues. Do you ever get these errors without playing any games? Is it a problem that only occurs when the system is running for a while, or can you get the same error a short period of time after you initially boot up the system?

I would test your video cards one at a time, just to make sure that a single video card is not causing these issues. Do you ever get these errors without playing any games? Is it a problem that only occurs when the system is running for a while, or can you get the same error a short period of time after you initially boot up the system?

Thanks for the help I tested each video card and found one to have an memory problem so I got an RMA from XFX but that was a month ago never saw any artifacts from my first card. I never get this error using Vista normally, internet, Adobe Encore, Photoshop Encoding watching a DV all run without problems.

I work nights and get home at 3am in the morning some times its roughly 60-64F in my house when I turn my comp and since the cpu is water cooled it stays LOWER than room temp for about half an hour the video cards have there fans manually set to 100% using EVGA Precision running stock speeds.

Even with all this i get this error with in minutes of playing Farcry 2.

Since my first post I pull out my trusty multimeter and it show VERY different loads on the 3v, 5v and 12v rails they never even dipped .05 volts at idle they ran at times .15 over. With sli going and 8GB of ram AND with my coldcathodes on they still were well over spec. Over all I can say this is a beast of a PSU. GJ Corsair!

But this still doesnt stop my crashing its wierd COD5 NEVER crashes but Farcry 2 has never lasted a one hour run on my pc EVER even with a fresh install of Vista lol I guess I'll just save often.

• Corsair Employees
Actually Farcry 2 does not use the Cryengine its uses Dunia engine regardless the game crashes still seems like ive actually patched/updates/fixed all my games cept for Farcry 2. I'd say it's the problem.

You are exactly right, my mistake! I guess I just assumed, since you were having similar issues to some other people running Crysis and Warhead. However, I would agree that the problem must be a glitch with Farcry 2, especially if all your other games are working without any issues. You may want to check out the FarCry2 forums to see if anyone is having similar issues.

Archived