Corsair Community

errors with 2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF

yopspolo

Hello,

I bought My 4Go memory 4 month ago and I have had some problems with it. One day my computer suddenly don't work, I had blue screen when windows was booting. I ram memtest and I have a lot of errors. I ran memtest on each slot individually and I have errors with the 4 of them !

I think it's dead but I don't know the cause.

I didn't overclock anything and my bios is configured with default settings.

Thanks for helping.

I have tested everything : one stick at a time in the same slot, I tried with other slots too one stick at a time.

voltage : 2.2v

timing : 5-5-5-18-3-42-6-3

I tried to modify the timings, then My motherboard couldn't detect my memory, so I put it back to default settings.

• Corsair Employees

If every memory module is failing in each slot on the board, then you may have some other issue. I would suggest testing the memory in a different system if possible. If you have no other options, then we can replace the set for you, but it would be very unlikely that all four modules would fail on their own at the same time, with the same problems.

To have us replace the memory for you, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• Corsair Employees
ok thanks,

I will try with an other motherboard. if I still have errors I will replace the sticks.

Make sure to test them one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU, and let us know if you still have the same problems!

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I tested my sticks with a new motherboard (gigabyte EP45-DS3)

I still have errors with 2 of them with default timings and with the timings 5-5-5-15 2,2v. The 2 other sticks make the system reboot again and again. I don't understand why. I think those stick aren't recognized by the system that is wired because it's the same than the others than works but with errors.

Archived