Corsair Community

Dead TWIN2x2048-8500C5D stick

NT1111

Hi,

I have 2 sets of TWIN2x2048-8500C5D, 1 set is version 4.1, the other is version 5.1.

On my first boot after installed all 4 of them in my system, my system didn't post. At first, i thougth it was my motherboard or CPU problem, so I brought them to my other working system to test and that system couldn't post with these memories as well.

At that point, i decided to test all 4 of them 1 by 1.The result showed that my system could post and work fine with 3 sticks (the version 5.1 pair, and 1 stick from version 4.1 set), as well as passing 24 hrs memtest 86+, except 1 bad dude which seems dead (system won't post with this stick). I also tried to clear CMOS many times to see if it will post with that stick and the answer is NO.

So is it good enough to tell that stick is bad? And if it is, can you please tell me what I need to do to get my replacement for it.

My other question is what is the different between version 5.1 and version 4.1 sets? and will i have any incompability issue for having them both on the same system at the same time?

Thank you for your help and have a good day!

***My setting for my memories is 5-5-5-15, 2.1V, 2T, Unganged.

Archived