Corsair Community

3 Corsair 1gig ram sitcks work, but 4 doesnt

ViceO

Hello,

First time poster here. I had 2x1gig corsair sticks in my computer from the get go. My b-day came around and I got an additional 2x1gig corsair sticks.

However, I noticed that the versions where slightly off.

I orignally had:

2 cm2x1024-6400.

I bought:

2 cm2x1024-6400C4.

The weird thing is I can get 3 sticks working but when I get a 4th my computer hangs pre-post. I get no peep error, and no response, only hanging. I have googled the problem and only got responses for different mother boards. My specs are tied to my account and I read I'm not supposed to post my computer specs, so I wont unless asked.

Anyways, what I have done is tried each ram indivually, with the prior two left in, and I was able to get to and load up a game with each.

I tried moving my ram sticks around, from a2 to b2. Both sticks worked in all positions.

I don't know exactly what to do. Any tips? Thanks for helping.

p.s. If you ask me to do something with the BIOs please be very specific because I'm not the greatest in there. I will be able to follow directions, I won't be able to know where everything is located.

• Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

...setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts ......

Set to 1.393v

Sorry was busy for a few days. Just put in the 4 ram, with the settings and the computer loaded up, so good news. Now I have to do the memtest. I'm going to the website now.

**EDIT** I hope its more stable than when I had it all on auto with three. With three it would completely freeze up with no errors. So bad to the point of, I just took it out.

Okay I did the memtest+ and here are the results:

walltime: 1:02:40

pass: 1

errors: 0

I did one complete pass, should I go back and do another or is one good enough?

***EDIT*** Hopefully, they are stable. If not ill be back, if so: Thanks for all your help everyone!

Okay, I ran it all night. Just woke up. I had 7 successful passes. In those 7 passes I had 0 errors. Which is good.

Also, yeserday I Was on the computer for at least 6-8 hours. It seems they are stable as well.

Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciate it. :D:

Okay, I ran it all night. Just woke up. I had 7 successful passes. In those 7 passes I had 0 errors. Which is good.

Also, yeserday I Was on the computer for at least 6-8 hours. It seems they are stable as well.

Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciate it. :D:

Glad to hear all is well. Let us know if you have any other issues. :D:

Archived