Corsair Community

TX750 Won't Turn Off

psychoknight

On two different motherboards, my new TX750 has the same problem.

When I plug in AC power and flip the toggle on the psu to ON, the motherboard and fans immediately power up, even before I press the case power button.

When shutting down in Vista, the display blanks out but the motherboard LED's stay on, as well as all the fans. The psu won't shut off electronically.

The boards I used were an older Gigabyte P35-DS3P and a new XFX780i.

Any guidance is appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Did you try the PSU in two completely different system, or did you test it with the same system and swap motherboards? Also, do you have the latest BIOS for these motherboards and have you loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS?

Thanks for your reply.

Same system, different motherboards w/ updated BIOS, with load Defaut settings after update, but I have since made various adjustments.

Because the board fires up right when the psu is switched on (an before the case switch is touched), I did not suspect a bios problem - but I realize that power management settings will control how and when the MB wakes up.

I take it from your questions that I should try some restarts after loading optmized defaults again in bios. If so, I'll do that.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that you remove the PSU from the case and hook it up to your system from outside of the case, this should eliminate a possible grounding issue between the PSU and the rest of the system. Also, I would suggest unplugging the Power button on the case from the motherboard, and see if the system is still powering on by itself. Let us know your results!

Archived