Corsair Community

Overclocking guide?

Darren K

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, May I make a comment on the age of some/most of the reviews and technical data in this area of the forum? When I see a technical article dealing with a product be it hardware or software from 2005 I pass it right over. This biz moves fast and I am looking for current info.

Lets move to the cutting edge of software and hardware tech in the overclocking area. I would like to see more actual work with the latest AMD products and more discussion on AMD's OverDrive overclocking tool. Just my 2cts.

I am setting up my gaming system for Flight Simulator FX and I am stuck reading about hardware configurations from 2007 and reading about software errors from 2004,I don't have time to sort through this old info.

Corsair can't tell someone how to overclock, so a non-moderated area is the closest they can get to that. Feel free to post links to OC guides on other sites, or post / ask questions on how to OC, but Corsair can't really guide you along that path.

• 2 years later...

PCC...good points...concise current OC guides are hard to find! The AMD forum responders, for example, are in some cases surly and NOT helpful. Dolk's at Overclockers has some good info. Some guides give partial explanations or a glossary of terms. Some of us would like to know what happens to our setups for example, when we change the Northbridge voltage, etc. or raise the NB frequency 200Hz, etc., or the many other variables of OCing, not just a definition of the terms.

May have to...with other like-minded enthusiasts, compile our own damn OC guide!

PCC...good points...concise current OC guides are hard to find! The AMD forum responders, for example, are in some cases surly and NOT helpful. Dolk's at Overclockers has some good info. Some guides give partial explanations or a glossary of terms. Some of us would like to know what happens to our setups for example, when we change the Northbridge voltage, etc. or raise the NB frequency 200Hz, etc., or the many other variables of OCing, not just a definition of the terms.

May have to...with other like-minded enthusiasts, compile our own damn OC guide!

Hard to find? Try typing more than a few words into Google and you get a plethora of posts about any current or previous generation CPU overclocking. Guides, questions posted and answered as well.

I'm thinking you need a guide on how to use a search engine first.

Archived