Corsair Community

True or False?

Max Edison

I read this review on New Egg, and was a bit concerned as I just bought this for my Vista Ultimate 32 OS. I read the short install sheet and it said nothing about the 2 GIG sticks being made for 64 bit only>?

"PLEASE NOTE: Corsair's line of 4GB memory kits are designed for PCs featuring 64-bit operating systems. Installing 4GB onto PCs with 32-bit operating systems is not advised nor supported under warranty."

XP32 has a 3 Gb limitation, thats why. its the OS that doesn't support the extra memory not the rams fault.

I don't know about the warrantee aspect but its difficult to support a product that cannot be recognized.

FWIW I don't trust 'egg reviews, i have left several and were never posted, not 1!

just found this post..

Running 4 Gig will not VOID your warranty it's just that a 32 Bit O.S. will not see all of the memory.

That was a miss print on the package and it will not VOID th warranty just as stated will not see all of the memory.

I agree. A typical Intel-based system with a MODERN Intel chipset, a single graphics card with 512MB of memory and a couple of multimedia-based cards (TV tuner card, sound card, etc.) installed will see roughly 3.25 GB of memory (out of 4GB installed) when used with a 32-bit version of Windows.

Archived