Corsair Community

Single Sided TWINX 3200LL or other?

Hi Ram Guy, I would like to add to my computers memory (TWINX1024-3200LL) another 1024 MB, of course Corsair TWINX. Since I have a GA-7N400 Pro2 (NForce2) board and the existing 3200LL RAM is double sided it appears I need single sided RAM to use them dual channeled. Is there a 1024 (2x512)MB TWINX LowLatency PC400 SINGLE SIDED RAM? Which product? If not what would you suggest to do, I really would like to get another GB RAM and I would hate to loose the low latency timing :) Thank you for your time Matthias (from Germany) PS: You guys at Corsair roxx. You really let the customer know whats important about your products, the Ram Guy (and the rest of the team) are really competent, the support is great and most important the products are the best ever.

• Corsair Employees
Due to chip IC density the only single sided modules that we currently have are 256 mb modules. The Twinx512-3200LL has 2 256mb single sided modules. We do not have any 512mb single sided modules at this time. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks!

Indeed, I have a question. Could you give me an educated guess when there will be Corsair 512 MB single sided modules available? I mean, are they in planning or testing or won't they ever be built? Thankx again :) Matthias

• Corsair Employees
The IC's would have to be at a price parity with the lower density IC's and I can make no guess on when that would happen. We have not built or tested them as they are still to expensive when compared to their double sided counterparts. The higher density IC’s generally do not have the ability to run LL values as seen in our 1 gig modules.

Archived