Corsair Community

Asus Maximus Extreme & Corsair RAM! Can You Help?

Darren K

Hi.

I've checked out the what memory Corsair reccommend for my Asus Maximus Extreme here...http://www.corsairmemory.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=386378

Will these listed Dominator memory sticks work straight out of the box with my motherboard without having to fiddle about in BIOS to adjust frequences and voltages?

I thought 1333MHz was the highest my board supported?

I'm a bit confused about this!

Anyone else using this setup?

• Corsair Employees
Will these listed Dominator memory sticks work straight out of the box with my motherboard without having to fiddle about in BIOS to adjust frequences and voltages?

A: NO you will need to manually set the tested settings and voltage to make the system run properly and in some cases you would have to over clock the CPU to get the full speed out of the memory.

A: NO you will need to manually set the tested settings and voltage to make the system run properly and in some cases you would have to over clock the CPU to get the full speed out of the memory.

Thanks for the reply.

Is this difficult to do, I mean could a novice do this?

(I'd like to get into OCing, but have no idea how to go about it. Once overclocked, can the system be left like this permanently?)

I want a fast system for gaming, but would it be easier to just buy some 1333MHz sticks instead?

It would not be hard. All you have to do is raise the FSB from 333 to 400Mhz and set the DRAM to 1600Mhz. As per below:

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from

Extreme Tweaker Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual OC From CPU Level Up : AutoCPU Ratio Control : Manual- Ratio CMOS Setting : 8.5FSB Frequency : 400FSB Strap to North Bridge : 333PCI-E Frequency: 100DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600DRAM Command Rate : 2NDRAM Timing Control: Manual CAS# Latency : 7RAS# to CAS# Delay : 7RAS# Precharge : 7RAS# ActivateTime : 20RAS# to RAS# Delay : AutoDRAM Voltage : 1.8vLegacy USB Support : Disabled for Memtesting

These should be all the changes you would need to make and we are here to help you at any rate.

It would not be hard. All you have to do is raise the FSB from 333 to 400Mhz and set the DRAM to 1600Mhz. As per below:

Download Memtest86+ V2.01 from--->

Download CPU-z from

Extreme Tweaker 

Ai Overclock Tuner : Manual 
OC From CPU Level Up : Auto
CPU Ratio Control : Manual
- Ratio CMOS Setting : 8.5
FSB Frequency : 400
FSB Strap to North Bridge : 333
PCI-E Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR3-1600
DRAM Command Rate : 2N
DRAM Timing Control: Manual 
CAS# Latency : 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay : 7
RAS# Precharge : 7
RAS# ActivateTime : 20
RAS# to RAS# Delay : Auto

DRAM Voltage : 1.8v

Legacy USB Support : Disabled for Memtesting

These should be all the changes you would need to make and we are here to help you at any rate.

Hey thanks Derek for the help:)

I assume the list above is the page in bios that I need to make changes to?

As sysem stability is my first concern, could I use the settings permanently?

Thanks again!

Hey thanks Derek for the help:)

I assume the list above is the page in bios that I need to make changes to?

As sysem stability is my first concern, could I use the settings permanently?

Thanks again!

Yes, you will have to use a couple of programs to test the stability. Memtest and Linpack will do it. To be certain of both CPU and Memory, use the Intel Linpack CPU/Memory test.

http://67.90.82.13/forums/showthread.php?t=197835

Archived